Colt discovered that his love, Val Stevenson, is to be the bride in an arranged marriage to Hugo Farmer. Hugo is Owner and Chairman of Huge Farms Inc. The wedding is planned to take place on one of Hugo’s country estates within the month. Until then Val is kept under guard at her penthouse apartment. Curtains has got the celebrity gossip reporters interested in covering the wedding and the gossip about Val’s secret lover. Colt’s Grandmother and matriarch of the family, does not approve of Val, but she agreed that disrupting the Stevenson family planned partnership with Hugo Farmer is to the families benefit. She promised minimal resources in helping disrupt the marriage, on the stipulation that family’s name be kept out of it. Colt (roll of 25) is seeking others that might have reason to disrupt this partnership. Colt tried getting Grey Gore and his gang to pose as worker on Hugo Farmer’s farms, but they currently are not willing to do manual labor. Grey Gore also refused because he is scared of his former employer, maybe an offer of protection or revenge may sway him.
Octave’s rival Grant invited Octave and Curtains out to dinner at an exclusive restaurant in an attempt of one-up-manship. Grant is a PR manager for Revlon’s Revitalize line, and likes to show off his position. Grant let slip the address of an abandoned factory for the revitalize line of cosmetics. Grant while filtering with Curtains has also promised to give her an interview after she tries Revitalize. The dinner tended towards the awkward side, but Curtains did succeed in getting photos for her coffee table book “Toilettes of the Rich and Famous”(send me your book title, Wren).
Octave meet with a Dr Lee from Revlon, who gave him a run down on Revitalize. Revlon’s version of Revitalize is based on the hormones of sharks and Jelly fish that promote regrowth, and were discovered once manipulated to have an anti-aging effect in humans. The cosmetic version of the product is amazingly safe with few to no side effects. They also have a secret advance treatment that requires a hospital stay that can reverse that aging effect of rich elderly customers. Dr. Lee commented that one of their lead researchers Dr. Wu was extracted from their research facilities, and is believed to be working for a rival. Dr Lee and Dr Wu wished to find a human with a rare disease that causes reverse aging; thinking he could clone the patient and more cheaply create the drug, but the legalities of cloning are questionable.
Curtains’ boss warned her away from investigating Maybelline and Revitalize for her health, stating she has been shot once already. He then gave her a case of a young 26 lady who has started aging in reverse and now looks to be about 14 years of age. The girl, Rena, is upset because she was being treated at Guardian Health and Beauty Clinic, when it suddenly disappeared. Curtains has convinced Rena to tell her story to the world, in exchange for some medical treatment. Curtains has her fact checkers looking into the clinic.
Curtains, Colt, and Octave went to investigate the abandoned Revitalize factory. The factory contained some shipping labels and papers signed by a Dr Wu. The factory also contained the remnants of a Bio lab, that could of been used for cloning and DNA splicing. While they were at the factory their action were recorded. The men left to guard the factory attempted to ambush them. A heated fire fight pursued leaving Curtains and Octave lightly wounded, Colt severely wounded, and most of the guards dead. The lone exception appears to be their leader who Colt plans to interrogate.
Questions to be Answered:
- How will Colt disrupt the marriage?
- Will Val choose Colt over the rich Hugo?
- Who else may not want a union of Stevenson and Farmer clans?
- Does Hugo Farmer have ties to Maybelline or Grey Gore?
- What other Toilettes will Curtains visit for her book?
- What clues will Grant’s vanity and pride make him give to Curtains?
- Are the two Dr Wu’s the same person?
- Where is Dr Wu now?
- To what coded address does the shipping labels ship?
- What does Curtains’ uncle know about Dr wu?
- Who is Grey Gore Scared of? Is Rena the person Dr. Lee is looking for?
- What happens to Rena once her story is broadcast?
- Who got to her first, and is behind “Guardian Health and Beauty Clinic?
- Who has the videos of the gun fight at the factory?
- How bad are Colt’s wounds? What will Colt learn form his prisoner?
- Is retribution approved by Revlon against Dr. Wu, and what’s the reward?
- Will Grant be punished for giving Octave and Curtains the Address of the factory?